Sweet Potato Salad
Experimenting is what I am good at so here is the recipe.
*Disclaimer – I am not a chef, cookist or one of those cooking gurus on Food Network. I just make breakfast interesting for me. If it doesn’t come out right, just laugh and tweak it to suit you.*
- 1 sweet potato – size doesn’t matter, just how much you feel to eat
- 2 -3 eggs
- 1 medium cucumber
- Fresh parsley
- Dried parsley
- Black Pepper
- Salt (optional, I don’t used salt so this is up to you)
- 1 onion
- Peel and rinse sweet potato. Cut into small cubes and steam. You can boil too but I prefer steaming since it doesn’t get too mushy.
- Boil eggs for 10 minutes. Let them cool a bit first to avoid burning off your fingertips. Once de-shelled, cut into small cubes.
- Peel cucumber and cut into cubes as well.
- Grate onion on the small side of a handheld grater.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl. Depending on how “wet” you like your salad, add the amount of mayo to please you. I use about a cereal spoon size, a dollop. Mix that in. Add black pepper, parsley and onion. Mix all of that until blended well. You can add additional seasoning if you want to. If you already know how to make potato salad then you can season to suit.
And that’s it. Voila, breakfast salad is done.
Let me know how it works out for you.